Wednesday, December 19, 2012
As I was taking this picture for today's topic...
I caught sight of something else and it reminded me of the lesson a gave to the primary kids on Sunday.
The lesson was built around John 8:12 which says:
“I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness..."
I suppose there are complicated and deep discussions about why Jesus is referred to as the 'light' but the primary kid level way that I explained it was by blindfolding a girl and asking her to put some cards in the correct order.
Of course she couldn't do it and we had a discussion about how following Gods plan for us is like having a light to follow in a dark world... Without Him, we would probably feel lost and discouraged about life.
That's why I took this picture...
Posted by Krista at 8:12 PM
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Monday, December 17, 2012
We visited Salt Lake Temple square tonight. We almost didn't go because it was a little bit rainy but I'm glad we went for a little while.
The reason I'm choosing this picture for this theme is because of what the temple represents to me.
Being with the people that are the most important to me forever.
Mostly my husband.
I love my kids and they are my #1 priority right now but one day they will grow up and have families of their own. They will always be a part of my family but one day it will just be Sam and I again... Forever.
And that's a happily ever after story.
Posted by Krista at 12:58 PM
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Again with my un-creativeness.
Today's theme is:
I am so busy that I don't have time to set up something new or special for this challenge so I am just taking pictures of whatever I already have going on.
Tonight is our church Christmas party and I spent part of the morning making rolls for it.
So there you go.
They are YUM though.
Not to brag or anything...
Okay. I'm bragging.
John ate one and told me that they 'were seriously the best rolls he had ever tasted'.
He was hungry at the time but I think it still counts! :)
Posted by Krista at 8:56 AM
Friday, December 14, 2012
I know that this is SO uncreative but I am SO super busy these last few days and I only see it getting more busy in the next few days.
Turned black and white.
Posted by Krista at 8:53 AM
Thursday, December 13, 2012
I spend a lot of time in my 'office'. And now that I've deleted my Facebook account, the time is mostly productive.
(Picture editing. Church primary work. Family History. Bills. Etc.)
I call it my office but it's really just a desk/computer area in the corner of the living room.
I have it there on purpose though.
I could have found space in another room but I knew that I would spend a lot of time on the computer and I wanted to be in a place where I could be close to the kids and whatever we had going on.
My favorite thing is that the kids seems to like having me close.
It's common for me to be at my desk and one the kids to bring something (Train tracks. Legos. Army Guys.) out of their room to play with on the floor next to my desk.
Today Jacob brought a few legos and set them up on the corner of my desk.
It was a perfect setup for today's theme:
HANDS AT WORK
Posted by Krista at 9:07 AM
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
ON THE SHELF
And all I could think was 'Elf on the Shelf'.
To make it a little more challenging I decided to try a little experiment.
First picture was to get our Elf on the Shelf with a normal bokeh back drop and the next I made the background lights look star-like or twinkly.
I can't decide which one I like better.
Posted by Krista at 8:45 AM
Monday, December 10, 2012
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
I had some fun ideas for this one but the flu is making the rounds at the Taylor house and I just can't find the energy to set something up.
I looked around my house and decided that with all the Christmas lights... I just love ALL the warms shadows that are going on in our house at night.
Posted by Krista at 7:32 PM
Monday, December 3, 2012
The topic today?
What you're reading.
I realized that I am reading several books right now which is normal for me.
From the bottom up...
This is a fiction novel and I actually started it awhile ago and haven't made it past the first few chapters. It's a hard book to get in to but a friend assures me that once I do get in to it, it's great.
The Coming of the Lord.
I'm enjoying this, a little at a time.
I am reading this book to the kids at night when they are ready for bed early enough to have a little extra reading time.
The Book of Mormon.
I will forever be reading this I suppose.
On the top is my kindle. This morning I just finished a book that I had on it called "The Three Gifts of Christmas" by Anita Stansfield and I've just started another book that I have on it called, "What a Difference a Mom Makes. The indelible Imprint a Mom Leaves on Her Son's Life" and I am already really enjoying it.
There you have it folks.
That's what I'm reading.
Posted by Krista at 6:05 PM
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Today's topic is:
And it just so happens that this morning we found this box under our newly decorated tree.
We named him Jingle and I don't know who is more excited about him joining us for the month... Me or the boys?
I'll post more about his visit on my other blog.
Posted by Krista at 5:00 PM
Saturday, December 1, 2012
I'm going to do a photo challenge that I found on a website that I frequent. (iheartfaces)
It's for the month of December and starts TODAY!
December really snuck up on me but I suppose it does every year.
Dec. 1st is: Me. (Introduce yourself)
I thought about not doing this one because given the amount of info I put on this little ol' blog, you probably already know more about me than you want to.
But I figured it would look bad if I started out my challenge by not doing the first challenge.
I decided to take some pictures of me.
No fancy camera.
No getting dressed up first.
No Photoshopping myself afterwards.
I'm sure that's already more than you needed but just to be sure...
Here's you a few extra Krista-facts.
- I love rain. (Bonus if there's thunder to go with it.)
- I hate chatting on the phone.
- I love wearing my husbands sweatshirts.
- I hate confrontation.
- I love fall.
- I hate winter.
- I love to find a book that I can't quit reading.
- I hate to clean but love a clean house.
- I love cheesy Hallmark movies and happy movie endings.
- I'm left handed.
- I read the book "Killing Mr. Griffin" in High School. It scared the crap out of me and I had to sleep with my mom for several nights afterwards...
- My favorite time of day is early morning. But only if I'm the only one up.
- I like the toilet paper to roll off the top. Rolling from the bottom is just wrong.
- I LOVE the ocean but being on it in a boat, scares me.
- I'm the oldest of 11 kids.
- I've broken bones in my body 6 times.
- I've lived in 23 different houses... That I can remember. (It took me a long time to figure that out just now.)
- It takes me a long time to fall asleep at night.
- I was baptized in the Pacific Ocean. All I remember is: It was COLD.
- My most embarrassing moment is... Ya right! Like I would tell you. It was embarrassing.
- Talking to people I don't know, or don't know really well, scares me.
- In elementary school I tried to fail the vision test so that I could wear glasses.
- In 1st grade I told every one that a boy I liked was my cousin so that I could hang out with him without everyone teasing me. Everything was going well until the boy heard and told everyone that we WEREN'T cousins. :(
- My first memory is a Mickey Mouse birthday cake. I think I was two.
- I think fast food is gross but I still eat it sometimes.
- My biggest fear is that... Whoa. That's way to 'deep' for this post.
- I don't understand cigarette smoking.
- My dream vacation would be a week on a tropical beach with my Hubby.
- I'm a dog person. I encourage my dog to chase cats out of our yard.
- I got married when I was 19.
- I love being a stay-at-home mom but that doesn't mean I'm not feeling crazy by the end of almost every day!
- I have 3 boys and would rather have 3 boys, than 3 girls... Except when I'm cleaning their bathroom.
- It was easier for me to be friends with boys in High School than girls. That is a completely useless skill after you get married. :) Luckily, over the last few years, I've learned how great it is to have girlfriends.
- My favorite color is purple. No. Red. Wait... Tiffany Blue... Okay. I just love color.
- I'm starting to get gray hair. I hate that.
- I can't go under water without my nose plugged.
- My kids make me laugh every single day.
- My kids make me mad every single day.
- I love my family.
- I love my kids.
- I love my husband.
- I love my life.
Happy December everyone!
Posted by Krista at 4:29 PM
Thursday, May 31, 2012
I think it's safe to say that this project is a big-fat-failure! I find it interesting that it was easier for me to do a picture every day rather than a once a week thing...
That could be because doing one everyday made it a habit faster. Or it could be because the year I started the 365 project, I had just moved to a new city. Therefore, I had no friends, no commitments, only one kid in school... Basically no life.
Now I have lots of great friends. Lots of commitments. Three kids in school and more things to do than time to do them!
However, photography is still important to me so I'm not ready to forget this completely. It's just on hold for now.
HAPPY SUMMER ALL!
Posted by Krista at 7:43 AM
Monday, February 6, 2012
This project is already proving to be a great learning project.
First I want to say two things.
One: This project isn't really about posting amazing pictures. It's more about learning how to take a great picture in different situations.
Second: I have decided to be honest and admit that I don't love editing.
I hate it.
I don't mind a few tweaks here and there but I hate spending hours on a picture just to make it look good.
I think that there are two types of photogs.
Photoshop-photogs and in-camera-photogs.
Photoshop-photogs take pictures with ideas in their mind of how they are going to make the picture look in Photoshop.
Basically their art piece is created in Photoshop.
In-camera-photogs take pictures with the idea that they want the picture to be great with or without any photoshopping.
Basically... Their art piece is created in their camera.
I suppose there are also some photogs that are a little of both.
I'm not saying that one is right and one is wrong but for ME... In-camera is how I want to start making pictures.
I don't want to use Photoshop at all. Just a few adjustments in LR to call it macaroni.
Very little editing going on which is great for last weeks topic because you can really see how the light was naturally without any 'help'.
On to what I learned.
Well. That wasn't what I was going for.
Much better. I used a reflector to reflect a bit of light back to J's
face making it so that I didn't have to over-expose the window
so far that it would become distracting.
I tried a back-light one where I WANTED my subject a little underexposed.
But for this particular window...
I found that I like side light the best.
Here is Lexie. She must have saw my topic and decided to do a few window light experiments of her own.
I'm thinking that she is dreaming of warm sunny summer days. :)
In my house I discovered that my favorite window light is in my dining room. It has windows on three sides.
Which gives bright, yet diffused light that makes taking cute pictures of my kids, easy-peasy!
Posted by Krista at 8:10 AM